Friday, June 19, 2009

This is Brittney: Over!


Another archaic form of communication would be the walkie-talkie. This was originally used by the military to help communicate more effeciently without the hinderance of wires and chords. The walkie-talkie used 4, 45-volt dry cells or 12V Nickel-Cadmium batteries. Because of technologies growth, what was once thick clunky bars of soap is now a sophisticated piece of machinery. But as these inventions grew more popular, fast food restaurants began to see the use of having them and installed the system with their waitresses.
On some of the walkie-talkies used by children, some have a call button that allows you to send morse code to someone who is on the same frequency.

2 comments:

  1. I used to love joking around with people as a kid with walkie talkies. They are more of a toy now and have little practical use, but I do still use them at my work. The hosts and the managers all have walkie talkies, I think its a little overkill sometimes and they mostly are used for small things. I love the Brian Regan skit you put on here, he is easily the funniest man alive.

    The blog looks really good, I think the poll on the side was an excellent idea and something my group should consider incorperating into our blog. The picture of the day is also a neat little touch, they give it more of a professional feel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The military used the walkie talkie and since then they have adapted it to be smaller and have much greater range. While I was in Iraq I got to use a system called a PRR. It looked very similar to the microphone ear pieces that secretaries use. Being a communications person myself, I enjoyed this past portion of your blog. I look forward to what is to come for present and future.

    ReplyDelete