Thursday, July 30, 2009

Blogging


With computer and internet technology advancements came different types of communications through the internet, one of which is Blogs. A Blog is a contraction of the term weblog; it is basically a website on which commentaries are put along with video’s or even photos of different subjects. The simplest way to put it is a blog is a place on the internet (a webpage) where people can post different things to get some sort of interaction or response from others. It is a more advanced way of communicating on various topics, such as the blog which our class is creating throughout the semester. Now that various blogs exist it is much easier for different people to discuss any type of subject matter which they choose through the internet and most likely since the internet is global they will find someone else who has an opinion on the same subject matter which they are interested in. This is definitely more effective tool that gives people a broader audience to target.

2 comments:

  1. I remember doing blogging for the first time 5 years ago back in Israel. Instead of keeping a personal journal I had a personal blog where I wrote about my personal experiences, feeling, and thoughts. I was nice to keep the identity in secret and get comments from different individuals. Today I see the blog a little bit differently; I probably will not use it for personal purposes but I definitely think it is a great place to share different opinions with different people who hold different life perspectives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, on the other hand, didn't even know what a blog was until i came across this class. I think that a blog is pretty neat, very informative web page to have. I have noticed that when i do research about posts that i need to find to publish into our blog (SPARKS) i end up researching other people's blogs. In blogs you can find many things, even personal experiences, thoughts and feelings, where others can ask for opinions. I am beginning to like blogging more than face book or twitter. :)

    ReplyDelete