Monday, July 27, 2009

Skype

Skype is a relatively new software that allows people to make telephone calls over the internet. Calls to other subscribers are free, as well as most calls to landlines and cell phones. Skype also has a video chat feature which allows users to communicate by webcam. This provides a live video through the computer screen where people may talk as if they would in person. It is excellent for people trying to keep in touch over long distances. Skype users may also use their instant messaging service which is similar to others like AOL instant messenger. One of the most positive features is the ability to transfer files. It is very convenient and easy. Check out www.skype.com for more information!

2 comments:

  1. Yes I have Skype myself, it is a very convenient way of communicating. There are no cell towers where I live so I have poor service at my house. Skype is how I communicate with my friends and family. It is really a great advancement in communication and more people should be aware of it. It is easy to download and you can receive and dial calls right from your computer. I appreciate your post about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Skype is a great free service. It is a great way to communicate with people anywhere around the world. I've used it myself mostly just as a video chat client. In the future I would consider skype a replacement for landline telephone service. I believe this technology and new and improved technology in the future will begin to change our society more and more and create a better connected world.

    ReplyDelete